The Humboldt Bay Harbor, Recreation and Conservation District will hold a public outreach meeting on Monday, August 22, 2011 @ 5:30 to 8:00 pm at the Humboldt Area Foundation's Emmerson Room, 373 Indianola Road in Bayside.
Public input will be used to update the District's 5-year Strategic Plan. The District is asking for input on specific goals, including public support, concerns, and factors that will be critical to successful implementation.
Some of the goals to be discussed include:
- Water trails and other recreational opportunities
- A plan for managing dredge spoils
- Planning for sea level rise by expanding tidal wetlands while protecting existing infrastructure
- A marine-based business park and public dock
- Expansion of the Bay's oyster industry
- A "marine highway" for short sea shipping
For more info on the goals, click HERE.
The agenda is posted HERE.