Waterkeeper Swim Guide is an app that helps you find the best beaches to enjoy with your friends and family. We deliver the latest beach water quality information right to your smartphone.
For more information and to download the app, visit www.theswimguide.org.
The Swim Guide utilizes water quality monitoring data from government authorities tested at over 400 beaches in California and shows you the current status of the most popular beaches so you can determine if the water is safe for swimming.
Swim Guide includes descriptions and photographs of nearly 1,300 beaches in North America, including California, the Great Lakes, British Columbia, Alberta, Miami, FL, and Mobile AL. Swim Guide will continue to expand until it covers beaches in every major beach community in North America.
Swim Guide was developed by Lake Ontario Waterkeeper in Toronto, Canada and has since spread to include beaches in the United States.
The Swim Guide provides:
• Tools to locate the nearest spot to hit the beach
• Unique site descriptions and photographs
• Information about the condition and E.coli levels of local beaches
• Integration with Google maps for detailed walking, driving, or biking directions
• Simple tools for reporting pollution problems and environmental concerns